** Please note that our terms and conditions are hosted online and agreed to electronically via TEAMUP, when a membership is taken out. We also host a copy on our website for members to refer to, as and when they need to. To confirm the date you agreed to any terms, please login to your teamup account online and check the "forms" section.**
This document is designed to protect you, the customer. We try our best as a company to act fairly and in the interest of our customers at all times. For this to be possible, it is important that all of our procedures and policies are understood by all parties at the start of your membership with us here.
If you have any questions with any policy you read in this agreement, please ask a member of staff or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I, agree to pay the amount and time period stipulated by my membership, not inclusive of any prorate payments.
I understand that by agreeing to this policy, I agree to all the terms within it.
I acknowledge that agreeing to pay does not negate my right to cancel as per the cancellation terms, which are also contained within this agreement.
I understand that TEAMUP may record my IP address of my device, but that will not be shared with any 3rd party, unless to be ussed as evidence of my agreement to the terms herein.
These Terms and Conditions shall apply to the use of the facilities and services provided by Crossfit Thurrock Ltd a company registered in Great Britain under whose registered office is at Warehouse 8, Globe industrial estate, Grays, Essex, RM17 6ST, United Kingdom by members and other users thereof.
Terms & Conditions of the membership.
1. Use of the facilities:
This is dependent on you maintaining payments of your monthly payments. If any monthly direct debit payment is not received on the due date for payment, then your membership will (except in exceptional circumstances and at our sole discretion) be automatically suspended until all due payments have been brought up to date.
1. You will be provided with your personal login to bookable sessions, which are your responsibility to manage and attend.
2. Any property stored in lockers is stored at your own risk. We regret that we cannot accept liability for any loss or damage that may occur to items stored on site.
3. Upon joining, all members are offered coaching to instruct you on the use of the equipment and movements commonly found in the programme. We strongly recommend that this is undertaken. If you are subsequently unsure how to use any equipment, please ask a member of the team.
4. You must inform us if you have sustained a personal injury elsewhere or have developed a medical condition that may have consequences for training.
5. Suitable gym clothing and clean trainers must be worn at all times.
6. Equipment must be treated with respect.
7. Machines and equipment must be wiped down after use, left clean and dry and replaced in the correct area.
8. You may not use the gym or participate in a class under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any medication that may affect your safety. 9. Only CrossFit Thurrock coaches are permitted to train members in Our Gym.
2. Bookable Activities:
1. Bookings are only accepted from members whose membership fees are up to date.
2. Bookings can be made 14 days in advance.
3. Attendance for your class will be registered upon arrival, by the coaching team.
4. Cancellation of a booking must be made no later than 2 hours before the booking is due to start. Any cancellations received within 2 hours of the start time will mean you may be charged or lose use of that session.
5. If you do not attend a booking you will be charged or forfeit that session usage.
6. If you have an injury or illness that may affect your ability to participate, or if you are a beginner, please consult the coach before the class starts.
7. Entrance to a class may be refused should you arrive after the warm up has been completed.
8. Classes and coaches are subject to change.
9. We reserve the right to restrict a members ability to pre-book classes if the member persistently fails to attend booked classes.
1.You will be given access to TEAMUP to book & manage your own session attendance.
2. Membership does not guarantee the availability of a parking space. Parking spaces are available on a first come first served basis.
3..Members must keep their personal details up to date at all times. Any changes should be made via the members area in our booking system.
4..We ask you to familiarise yourself with the contents of our signs, notices on displaying the location of the emergency exits.
5. You are required to abide by our policy and coaches requests on the use of cameras, video and mobile phones.
6.Failure to adhere to these rules may result in the termination of your membership.
7. It is common for a member of the CrossFit Thurrock team to film sessions for posting on social media channels, if you do not wish to appear in these, it is your responsibility to let the staff member know.
4. Annual / 12 Month Memberships
1.If you pay for an Annual Membership i.e. 12 months membership fees in advance or sign up to a 12 month Direct debit membership, your membership will run for the 12 month period covered by the payment without any refund should you choose not to use your membership in that 12 month period. Refunds will be offered for any part of the 12 months not used. This applies to Annual and paid monthly memberships.
2. You understand that usage of membership is your responsibility.
5. TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR DIRECT DEBIT MEMBERSHIPS
Crossfit Thurrock, Unit 8, Globeworks Industrial Estate, Grays, Essex, RM17 6ST.
Email: cancellations@CrossFitThurrock.com or email@example.com
1. This agreement commences once you have indicated your acceptance in the Declaration section of this sign up process. If you did not sign up on the clubs premises you have 14 full days after signup to cancel this agreement for any reason. If you signed up on the premises, then your membership starts immediately and is subject to all the terms in this agreement. To exercise your right to cancel you must inform CrossFit Thurrock of this by email using the details above.
2. Your membership starts immediately.
3. You will be entitled to all the rights and privileges exercised for the Type of Membership chosen.
4. You agree to honour the monthly payments of the membership of your choosing, for the length of time stated.
5. You are free to upgrade and downgrade your membership between any of our options, at any time.
6.FEES AND CHARGES
1. The Initial Payment is usually a prorated amount from your start date, is payable immediately and is not refundable other than due to cancellation under the Principal Terms above or in the event of breach or negligence by us.
2. The Direct Debit Payment Amount is due from you to us. You are obligated to make the Minimum No. of Direct Debit Payments stated with the first one being paid on the 1st Direct Debit Payment Date and then every month thereafter. You are obligated to make every Direct Debit Payment regardless of non attendance, except where the cancellation terms within the cancellation policy (or under the Principal Terms) are met.
3. If you fail to pay any monies due under this agreement or if any Direct Debit is returned unpaid or any cheque is returned unpaid or if any other form of payment is not honoured for any reason, you shall pay us on demand an administration fee of £25 (which we require to cover our costs of seeking to pursue such payment from you).
4. You agree to advise us promptly of any change to the Members Details provided.
5. If you fail to pay any amount due under this agreement for a period of more than thirty days, then we may pass the debt to a third party company for collection. The reasonable and direct costs incurred in employing the third party company will be borne by you including any costs in tracing you if you have changed your address without telling us.
6. Any third party collection agent has the right to add collection fees for pursuing the failed payment, we will attempt to contact you at least 3 times to reach an agreement, before this process begins.
1. Once you have completed the minimum number Of Direct Debit Payments we will automatically continue collecting the Direct Debit Payment Amount every month. Your membership will be extended by one month for each payment (“Renewal Period”). This renewal Direct Debit payment amount may only be amended if we advise you in writing giving not less than 1 months notice. Please note if your membership included the benefit of a free period then we will stop making collections during that free period and recommence making collections on the renewal date.
2. You may prevent the Automatic Renewal at any time by giving notice to us (you should give us not less than 1 months notice). When the final minimum period payment has been taken we will cancel the membership.
3. Once you have completed the Minimum Number of Direct Debit payments you can cancel your Automatic Renewal payments by contacting our team on the email address(es) given above (you should give us not less than 1 months notice).
1. Please see "cancellation policy" for all information regarding our early cancellations.
2. Cancellations that fall outside of the terms of our cancellation policy are still eligible for early cancellations under the following;
a. A one off payment of 50% of the remaining contract length.
b. A one off payment of 3 months of the minimum contract payment for your membership.
9.FREEZING or "On Hold" memberships
1. Temporary Illness or Injury: This agreement may be frozen in the event of a temporary illness, injury or medical condition which in the written opinion of a doctor or other suitably qualified medical practitioner prohibits exercise for a period of time.
2. Other circumstances may be taken into account on a case by case basis.
Please note – ANY Freeze will not be affected until the appropriate proof is provided and received (in writing or via email) by CrossFit Thurrock. Please note – A freeze period does not affect the Minimum No. of Direct Debit Payments you are due to make and any payments remaining at the time of the freeze will remain due and recommence on a monthly basis once the freeze period has completed.
1. You agree to comply with the Rules of Membership which are displayed prominently in the gym and relate to personal conduct. We may make reasonable changes to these Rules at any time provided we give you reasonable advance notice of the change.
2. If we take no action or let you off any breach of this agreement or give you extra time to pay or comply, it will not stop us enforcing the terms of this agreement strictly at a future date.
3. We may assign the benefit of this agreement and our rights thereunder to a third party on notice to you. Your rights under this agreement will not be prejudiced.
4. We will do our best to resolve any disputes over this agreement. If you wish to take court proceedings against us you must do so within the United Kingdom. Relevant UK law will apply.
5. If any part of this agreement is disallowed or found to be ineffective by any court or regulator, the other provisions shall continue to apply.
6. We may terminate this agreement with immediate effect on notice to you if you are in breach of the gym Rules (i.e. Stealing or other criminal activities within the facility). In this event you will not be liable to pay any further Direct Debit Payments, provided such breach is not deemed by us to have occurred primarily in order to qualify you for a refund.
11. REFUND POLICY
1. Refunds will be offered on all payments made after a membership should have expired, or amount should have been altered.
2. Refunds must be made through the same payment process and may take 3-7 days to reach your bank.
3. As per our cancellation policy, one month notice is required for early terminations of contracts, during which time normal membership payments will continue and no refunds shall be issued.
4. We require a minimum of 30 days notice to halt any payments for reasons that extend to our freeze or cancellation policy. Any payments outside of this window will be collected and not eligible for refund.
5. If you signed up online or over the phone, you are eligible for a full reimbursement within 14 calendar days of your purchase, provided the membership was not used or activated. After the 14-day period you will no longer be eligible and won't be able to receive a refund.
6. We encourage our customers to try the service in the first two weeks after their purchase to ensure it fits your needs. If you have any additional questions or would like to request a refund, feel free to contact us.